Saturday, September 23, 2006

"Maggie" is here!


My new 24-inch Intel Core 2 Duo iMac arrived on Friday, September 15th. I missed the Federal Express delivery van by 8 minutes! So, after work that evening, I went to FedEx to retrieve "Maggie," which is the name I settled on for my newest Mac and member of the Family :). "She" is Beautiful, fast and super quiet. Much larger in person than I had imagined or expected :)! I feel bad for Genie, my iBook G4 notebook, as since the arrival of Maggie, I've pretty much neglected her :(.

I've been spending an obscene amount of time with Maggie, installing applications, setting preferences and configurations for this, that and the other thing :). So far, she has met and, in most cases, exceeded my expectations! I've been reading a number of computer related message boards, or forums, where a few people have experienced negative issues with their new Macs. Thankfully, I haven't had any negative issues and have my fingers crossed this remains the case :). Here are a few of the computer (mostly Apple / Mac) related forums (or message boards) I frequent:

AppleInsider
InsanelyMac
Jam Computers
Mac360

Jam Computers is a bit different, as it is intended for "all" computer users; Linux, Mac and Windows.

I shall return to share my experiences with "Maggie," my second Mac and first Intel based iMac, as time moves forward and I gain experiences to share :).

~ Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal. ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home